P/T Librarian – Wood Library, a small association library located in Canandaigua, NY in the heart of the Finger Lakes, seeks an innovative and energetic individual for a part-time (15 hours per week with occasional weekends) Adult Services Librarian position.
Provides leadership and management in support of programs, materials, and services to adults from college age to seniors. Duties include collection development, programming, reference, and outreach to local organizations to promote library services. Position may become full-time in the future.
· Completes duties assigned by the Director and meets regularly with the Director to review Adult Services.
· Develops, implements and publicizes informational, recreational and cultural programs for adults.
· Collaborates with the Emerging Technologies Librarian to create tech programs for adults.
· Plans development of adult fiction, non-fiction, and non-print materials.
· Trains members of the staff working in Adult Services.
· Prepares annual and special reports for Adult Services.
· Identifies grant opportunities and prepares appropriate applications with the assistance of the Development Specialist.
An MLS degree from an ALA accredited program is required. Those currently enrolled in an MLS program will be considered.
· Librarian with an MLS from a graduate library school accredited by ALA required.
· Knowledge of computers/technology.
· Patience, tact, and excellent communication skills.
· Strong organizational talents.
· Demonstrates creativity, flexibility, and a positive attitude.
· Poise in a busy setting serving patrons and staff with high expectations.
· Excellent reference skills and ability to relate to patrons of all ages.
· Ability to exhibit good judgment and establish effective working relationships with staff, colleagues within the library system, community leaders, etc.
· Ability to plan and coordinate the work of others.
· Ability to exercise leadership and motivate others.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with community organizations.
· Warm, outgoing personality.
· An innovative mind that thinks “outside the box.”
Salary & Benefits:
How to Apply:
Qualified, interested parties should email a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Cyndi Fordham, Administrative Assistant
Special preference will be given to those applications received by Monday, December 23, 2013