Roberts Wesleyan College
The Roberts Wesleyan College B. Thomas Golisano Library is seeking candidates for the full-time, faculty-rank position of Instruction Librarian, available July 2014; this position is contingent on final budget approval in April. Salary is determined based on educational background and relevant work experience. The Instruction Librarian will report to the library’s Director of Public Services, and will coordinate the design and implementation of the library’s classroom and web-based instruction service.
- Design and deliver course-related instruction sessions in both traditional classroom and online environments. Some evening and/or weekend classes may be included.
- Serve as a team leader and mentor for the librarians in designing and implementing classroom and web-based information fluency instruction.
- Collaborate with the other librarians in establishing working partnerships with academic program faculty, to promote the development of a scaffold approach to the cultivation of information fluency within each academic program.
- Coordinate systematic assessment of the library’s instructional services, including periodic review of statements of philosophy and policy.
- Maintain appropriate statistics concerning the library’s instructional services.
- Participate in reference desk coverage and other duties as assigned.
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS or equivalent. A second graduate degree in an academic discipline, optimally teacher education, is helpful.
- At least two years professional-level library work experience that includes classroom and online instruction.
- The successful candidate will also demonstrate an ability to work in a team environment, excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills, and familiarity with ADA and Universal Design requirements.
Roberts Wesleyan College employees must fully support the institution’s mission and values. Prior to submitting an application, please review the following documents (available at www.roberts.edu/employment): RWC Mission Statement, Statement of the Christian Vision, and Community Ethos Statement. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and considered until the position is filled.
Applicants should e-mail or mail the following: a letter of interest; a curriculum vitae; and a completed RWC Application for Faculty Position (including full contact information for three references), available at www.roberts.edu/employment to:
Mr. Al Krober, Director of Library Services
B. Thomas Golisano Library
Roberts Wesleyan College
2301 Westside Drive
Rochester, NY 14624-1997