Berkeley College invites applications to fill a full time Reference/Instruction librarian vacancy at the Manhattan campus. This position reports to the campus Library Director and provides the following services: guide students, faculty and the college community in locating and evaluating information; serve as a member of a liaison team that works to inform and collaborate with faculty on the integration of information literacy skill building through instruction, assignment support and assessment activities; shares responsibility for building, maintaining and promoting print/media/electronic collections; shares oversight of the information/lending desks, and participates on library, campus and College committees. Requires one evening and rotating weekend hours.
- An earned M.L.S./M.L.I.S or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution or from an international institution with a formal accreditation process identified by ALA’s Human Resource Development and Recruitment Office
- Experience with library automation systems and associated relevant technology that manage and deliver services
- Interest and ability in developing and delivering effective information literacy instruction
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and navigational ability with, electronic information and internet resources
- The desire to explore and innovate – what we do and how we do it
For consideration please apply online and include cover letter and resume attachments.
Job URL: https://re21.ultipro.com/BER1008/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*A6CB1454A08926C8
Berkeley College occupies two midtown buildings on 41st and 43rd Streets, between 5th and Madison. Just steps from Grand Central Station, the location provides easy access to subways, trains, and buses. Since 1931, Berkeley College has specialized in preparing students for professional and personal success. For additional information please visit berkeleycollege.edu