MONROE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM – ROCHESTER PUBLIC LIBRARY
Clerk Typist / PT – Vacancy – Lincoln Branch
DEADLINE: September 8, 2014
There is a part-time Clerk Typist vacancy at the Lincoln Branch of the Rochester Public Library.
Anyone who is currently a Part-Time Clerk Typist and would like a transfer in grade;
OR Anyone that possesses a high school diploma or GED.
- Charges, returns, renews, and sorts materials being borrowed or returned;
- Register new borrowers, issue library cards, and update borrowers’ registrations;
- Review problems regarding overdue materials and fines directly with patrons by using CARL system;
- Record financial transactions on a cash register;
- Answer directional-type and title request questions; refers reference questions to Librarian on duty;
- Answer telephone, take and relays message;
- Gather, sort and distribute mail and delivery as needed;
- Order library materials via electronic ordering system;
- Link and process materials and maintains order file;
- Place claim returns/holds in library terminals;
- Link and delete material regularly;
- Type letters, memos and labels as needed;
- Mend books as needed;
- Special projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform accurate detailed work;
- Memory for detail;
- Well organized;
- Ability to adjust to changing procedures and automation techniques;
- Ability to provide quality service for a variety of people.
20 hours per week, will include at least 1 Saturday a month.
RATE OF PAY:
$14.71 – $16.78 an hour
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Applicants should respond by submitting an application to the Library Personnel Office,
115 South Ave. Rochester, NY 14604
by: Monday, September 8, 2014.
Download application here.
This is the employment/civil service exam application.