The Ramapo Catskill Library System (RCLS) has an opening for an ILL/Technical Services Librarian. This is a non-union management position reporting to the Executive Director. The duties and responsibilities include managing the ILL/Technical Services department, overseeing the union catalog, supervising the ILL/Technical Services staff and cataloging member library materials.
Here is a link to the complete job posting and job description:
The Interlibrary Loan/Technical Services Librarian is responsible to the Executive Director.
The duties and responsibilities include managing the Interlibrary Loan (ILL)/Technical
Services department, overseeing the union catalog, supervising ILL/Technical services staff
and cataloging member library materials.
- A MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited library school, with a New York State Librarians
- Professional Certificate at time of appointment.
- Four years of satisfactory professional library experience in a library of recognized
- Prior training and experience as a professional librarian with cataloging and supervisory
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- A functional knowledge of computer technology.
- Experience using an integrated library system (ILS).
- Knowledge and experience with Symphony ILS is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with Resource Description and Access (RDA) is an asset.
- Must have valid New York State driver’s license.
Hours of work: 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Salary: a non-union management position. The starting salary range $55,037.
Starting date: November 3, 2014.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume by no later than 4:00pm October 10, 2014 to Robert Hubsher via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax (845-243-3739).
Interviews will be held October 15 to 17.