JOB OPPORTUNITY – Outreach and Marketing Consultant
The Southern Adirondack Library System is seeking a self-motivated, customer service oriented and dynamic professional to add to its team.
The Outreach and Marketing consultant will be responsible for implementing and promoting library services and programs to support special populations, including but not limited to adults, youth and families, incarcerated, visually and hearing impaired, new citizens, and the homebound consistent with the Southern Adirondack Library System’s strategic plan and vision.
In addition, the candidate will coordinate the library system’s electronic presence and communications to member library staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Be current on new developments in library operations, programs and advancements and apply them effectively on the job.
- Spend time outside of the office learning about the library community and other organizations in the region.
- Coordinate services for residents in our four-county region.
- Have a demonstrated proficiency in social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube and Flickr and Microsoft Office Software Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and Access.
- Write, edit produce and distribute publications, news releases, and videos for external and internal library audiences.
- Will be able to work independently, collaboratively and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Be able to compile data and statistics to prepare detailed reports for Library Director and member library staff.
- The Southern Adirondack Library System (SALS) helps its 34 member libraries meet their community needs. Located in historic Saratoga Springs, NY, we are within a three hour drive from our furthest member library located in the Adirondack Mountain Region in Hamilton County.
- SALS was chartered in 1959 by the New York State Board of Regents. Almost all of its revenue comes from the State of New York. SALS is governed by a Board of Trustees composed of three representatives from each county elected by the trustees of our member libraries. Each member library is governed by its own board of trustees and is funded primarily by local taxes.
- SALS operations are guided by a Plan of Service developed by a committee of SALS trustees, member library trustees, and staff representing all sizes of member libraries with attention to geographic location.
About Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Springs is known for its Health, History and Horses, but also as a city that maintains its greenery; boasting two parks within the city limits and a lake just a short drive away. The “city within the country” has a viable grassroots community that makes sure growth is sustainable and that the agricultural community is treasured, with many farm-to-table restaurants and two farmer’s markets.
- For more information about Saratoga Springs and the surrounding towns, villages and cities, visit the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce website.
- At least two years of experience in library services with an emphasis on working with community groups or agencies, marketing or public relations or grant writing and administration.
- Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Graduate degree in Library and/or Information Science from an accredited library school.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Compensation and benefits
- The Southern Adirondack Library System offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. The benefits package is available.
How to Apply
First consideration will be given to applications received by December 15, 2014 with the search process remaining open until the position is filled. Interviews can be scheduled at ALA Mid-winter. Interested applicants may submit inquiries and resume electronically with cover letter to:
Sara Dallas, Director