Job Opening: SUNY Geneseo
Apply online at https://jobs.geneseo.edu
Reference & Instruction Librarian
The State University of New York at Geneseo, Milne Library, invites applications for a full-time, temporary, Reference and Instruction Librarian. This individual will serve as liaison to the anthropology, psychology and sociology academic departments within the social sciences.
Major responsibilities will include:
- General and subject-specific reference and research support to faculty and students in the social sciences
- Liaison, providing outreach to academic, student services and community programs in the social sciences.
- Participation in and development of specialized information literacy instruction for the social sciences
- Participation in the library’s general instruction program for undergraduates
- Engagement in collection development and information resources management
- Participation (in collaboration with other library and academic departments) in digital and scholarly communication projects and collaborative programs
- In collaboration with the Digital Scholarship Librarian, support digital library initiatives
- Master’s degree in information and/or library science from an ALA-accredited school or an ALA-approved foreign equivalent; or Bachelors degree and 3 years of academic library experience;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills;
- Academic reference desk experience.
- Degree in social sciences (specifically, anthropology, psychology or sociology preferred);
- Experience using social science resources such as PsycINFO, Sociological Abstracts and AnthroSource;
- Commitment to the instructional mission of the academic library;
- Previous teaching experience in library research methods or other relevant subject areas;
- Knowledge of and comfort with many forms of software, including web applications, office programs and emerging technologies.
- One to two years of teaching experience in an academic library;
- Strong commitment to enhancing service through teamwork and responsiveness to faculty, students, and colleagues;
The regular schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8am to 4pm with some evening and weekend hours required.
This temporary appointment will fill a recent vacancy and will run from January 15, 2015 through May 20, 2015. Milne Library will be conducting a second search to find a permanent replacement during the Spring 2015 semester.
To apply, visit https://jobs.geneseo.edu and submit an on-line application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references. All applicants are subject to drug and criminal background checks. Review of applications will begin immediately.