The Board of Trustees of the David A. Howe Public Library in Wellsville, NY, is accepting applications for the position of Technology Trainer & Coordinator of Teen Services. The library is seeking an energetic candidate with a vision for 21st century library technology services for adults and teens, and a desire to expand and develop new programs, services and resources for “tweens” and teens, ages 12-17.
The Technology Trainer & Coordinator of Teen Services will be responsible for:
- Developing and providing formal and informal technology training for the public and staff, including classes, staff development, and one-on-one technical help for patrons.
- Researching and recommending emerging technologies (hardware and software) for public and staff use
- Assisting the IT technician with library-wide technology-related projects, and with development and maintenance of the library’s website and social media presence
- Providing outreach to the community to identify local “tech” and “maker” talent to assist with programming in the library’s newly evolving Maker-Space, and to promote library programs to tweens and teens
- Developing and implementing programs, and performing collection development, for tweens, teens and young adults
- Staffing circulation desks
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree; an MLS or MLIS Degree is preferred.
- Have 2+ years’ experience providing digital literacy instruction, including in the use of productivity software, information resources and electronic devices, preferably in a library setting
- Experience or desire to work with teenagers
- Ability to install and troubleshoot software and hardware, preferably in a library environment
- Working knowledge of MS Windows and Apple operating systems and related applications, and local and wide area networks; web-based applications including WordPress, and Web 2.0 technologies; electronic resources, licensing and the legal framework in which this takes place; Sirsi-Dynix Symphony ILS database software or other ILS database software; thorough knowledge of MS Office productivity software
- Strong communication skills that accommodate diverse audiences and populations of users and learners in individual and group settings
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
Salary is $28,500-$32,500 for this full-time position, depending on experience. NYS Retirement and benefits are included.
The David A. Howe Public Library is the largest public library in Allegany County, and serves the beautiful Wellsville community area. It resides in the picturesque Appalachian Plateau, and is a scenic one hour drive from the Finger Lakes, Allegheny National Forest, Canada, Rochester, Buffalo and Corning/Elmira.
Please email a meaningful cover letter, resume and at least 3 professional references to Michelle La Voie, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents should be sent as Word or PDF attachments. Subject line should read: “Tech Trainer/Teen Services Coordinator – David A. Howe Public Library”. Please provide your full name, physical mailing address, and primary phone number in the body of the email.
Closing date for receipt of applications: February 2, 2015
For more information about the library, visit us online at www.davidahowelibrary.org.