Librarian – Outreach and Marketing Consultant
The Southern Adirondack Library System is seeking a self-motivated, customer service oriented and dynamic profession to add to its team.
The Outreach and Marketing consultant will be responsible for implementing and promoting library services and programs to support special populations, including but not limited to adults, youth and families, incarcerated, visually and hearing impaired, new citizens, and the homebound consistent with the Southern Adirondack Library System’s strategic plan and vision.
In addition the candidate will coordinate the library system’s electronic presence and communications to member library staff.
The successful candidate should:
- Be current on new developments in library operations, programs and success stories and apply them effectively on the job.
- Have a demonstrated proficiency in social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube and Flickr and Microsoft Office Software Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and Access.
- Share examples of publications, news releases, and/or videos designed for external and internal audiences.
- Be able to work independently, collaboratively and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Have a combination of two years of experience in library services (including virtual or web services), experience working with community groups or agencies, marketing or public relations, and grant writing and administration.
MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution.
NYS Public Librarian Certification.
Valid driver’s license.
The Southern Adirondack Library System (SALS) helps its 34 member libraries meet their community needs.
The Southern Adirondack Library System is located in Saratoga Springs, NY. It was chartered in 1959 by the New York State Board of Regents. Almost all of its revenue comes from the State of New York.
SALS is governed by a Board of Trustees composed of three representatives from each county elected by the trustees of our member libraries. Each member library is governed by its own board of trustees and is funded primarily by local taxes.
SALS operations are guided by a Plan of Service developed by a committee of SALS trustees, member library trustees, and staff representing all sizes of member libraries with attention to geographic location.
Compensation and benefits:
The Southern Adirondack Library System offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
Flexible Spending Accounts
NY State Retirement
NYS Deferred Compensation Plan a 457(b)
Vacation/Sick/Personal Leave Benefits
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants may submit their resume, examples of publications, news releases and/or links to videos with cover letter to: email@example.com Sara Dallas