First Monday takes us to visit member libraries who are innovating in their buildings, with their staff and patron programs.
In our ongoing efforts to Connect the Information Community of Central New York, CLRC is interested in reaching out to all types of libraries throughout our four-county region. On the first Monday of every month, CLRC members and friends will have a chance to see how everyone can be an innovator!
Does your library have a fun program or a quirky collection? Have you recently completed a remodeling project or interesting collaboration with your community? CLRC regional library staff would like to know more! Contact CLRC and show your stuff on a First Monday!
We encourage iSchool students to take part and see what’s out there. It’s a great opportunity to network with the CNY library community.
October 6 – Onondaga County Public Library Local History Department
447 South Salina Street, Syracuse
Time: 2:00 to 4:00pm
The Onondaga County Public Library and FamilySearch has begun a partnership to digitally preserve over 40,000 historic titles from OCPL’s collections. The digitized records will include published family histories, local and county histories, directories, locality records, school yearbooks, Bible records, personal journals published before 1920, and published cemetery records.
First Mondays will begin the new “season” with a visit to OCPL’s Local History and Genealogy Department. Librarian Holly Sammons and staff will show us the ins and outs of the new project.
The event is free of charge but please REGISTER HERE
CLRC offers carpooling reimbursement options. See policy. or let us know if you would like to share a ride. 315-446-5446
- Waterville Public Library – January 2013
- Upstate Medical University Library – February 2013
- Fayetteville Free Library – April 2013
- The Erie Canal Museum – May 2013
- Sullivan Free Library – June 2013
- Simmons Institute of Funeral Service – October 2013
- Dunham Public Library – November 2013
- OCPL White Branch Library – December 2013
- Utica School of Commerce – January 2014
- La Casita Cultural Center – April 2014
- Crouse Hospital Library – June 2014