Morrisville State College Library
Morrisville State College invites applications for the full-time, tenure track position of instructional services librarian. The College Library seeks an innovative and technologically savvy librarian to assume the lead role in infusing information literacy and metaliteracy instruction into classrooms and the library’s online presence, and in assessing the impact of instruction efforts. The instruction librarian will steer the development of campus wide information literacy learning outcomes that mesh with the strong campus emphasis on experiential and workplace learning. The successful candidate will teach one-shot information literacy sessions, a one credit information literacy course and will seek out opportunities to provide information literacy guidance to both students and faculty, online and in-person. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining and developing online subject and course guides, and will work with the online learning librarian to develop digital learning resources. Additional responsibilities include providing reference services, subject area liaison duties including collection development, oversight of an interlibrary loan paraprofessional, and participation on campus-wide
Special Note: This is an 11 month professional obligation.
Instructional services: 50%
- Teaching: Teach approximately 85 classes per year, mostly for Morrisville campus students and some outreach classes in the community. Teach one credit information literacy class per semester.
- Preparation: Communicate with faculty members about requirements for their classes; Create class guides for students to find specific materials for their projects; Create class assignments, handouts, and grade students’ work for credit bearing information literacy class.
Reference services: 30%
- 12 hours per week at the reference desk. Other tasks accomplished during desk hours include some collection development for liaison areas, reading emails from LISTSERV and journals for professional development, some class preparation, and maintaining work-related
Other projects & professional development: 15%
- Projects: Work on a variety of projects as needed. Projects include assessment work, creating online tutorials, creating and maintaining subject guides, maintaining instructional services statistics, and providing interlibrary loan support.
- Professional development: Keep current in the field by reading professional journals; Attend webinars and conferences.
Committee meetings & work: 5%
- Serve on two committees that meet regularly. Read materials related
to the week’s meeting, and contribute during the meeting.
• An ALA accredited MLS degree
• Demonstrated commitment to support student learning with the ability to engage a variety of learning styles
• Information literacy instruction or other teaching experience
• Knowledge and application of current trends and theories in information literacy and metaliteracy instruction
• Knowledge of emerging technologies and their successful integration into information literacy instruction
• Experience in assessing student learning and instruction initiatives
• Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding public service
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Demonstrated ability to establish and nurture productive collaborative partnerships
• Vision and leadership skills to guide an active and growing information literacy program
• Experience in providing college reference services
• Familiarity with instructional technologies and course management systems
• Familiarity with resources in the natural and health sciences
• Familiarity with ILLIAD and IDS
Salary & Benefits:
Full benefits, salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Morrisville State College Human Resources 315-684-6038