Genesee Community College
Genesee Community College has an opening for a part time Reference Librarian. MLS is required. Experience in an academic library preferred. Proficient reference skills, information literacy instruction experience, and experience with use of current library and educational technologies desired. Up to 19.5 hours per week. Schedule may include evening and weekend hours and occasional travel to campus centers. Transportation is required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until March 21, 2014. For more details and to apply online visit http://genesee.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=47099 . Please include a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for four references. GCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff, and student body, and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Giamatti Research Center
Baseball Hall of Fame
Provision of library public services to patrons of the A. Bartlett Giamatti Research Center, including basic reference and research assistance, enforce library policies regarding public use of the collection, help to preserve and maintain the library collections, assist in content creation for museum programs and publications.
Primary Job Functions
Organize and maintain master schedule for research appointments and group visits, handle reference desk operations for on-site researchers, oversight of public library calendar.
Organize and respond to patron inquiries received via email, telephone, mail, fax and on-site visits.
Handle invoicing and petty cash account.
Train and schedule of volunteers and interns.
Enforce all policies and regulations regarding the use of library and archival material, and applicable copyright and intellectual property laws.
Coordinate with Education Department regarding K-12 and Steele Intern activities and programs.
Secondary Job Functions
Assist in the creation of unique content (research, writing and editing) for use at the institution’s web site, publications program (magazine, yearbook, press releases, etc.), retail projects (books, documentaries, merchandise, etc.), and other similar activities.
Maintain physical appearance and good order of the Giamatti Research Center.
Participate in library and museum public programs.
Participate in the acquisition of new material for the archival, library and museum collections.
Assist in institution sponsored events as needed; 6)Other related duties as assigned.
B.S. or M.L.S. from accredited institution
1-3 years of relevant library experience
Basic knowledge of library reference operations and baseball history
Typical Physical Demands: Retrieve and re-shelve library material, lift 40-60 lb. boxes.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in a position please send your resume to:
Patti Hill, Director of Human Resources
National Baseball Hall of Fame
P.O. Box 590
Cooperstown, NY 13326
Or you can send your resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Morrisville State College Library
Morrisville State College invites applications for the full-time, tenure track position of instructional services librarian. The College Library seeks an innovative and technologically savvy librarian to assume the lead role in infusing information literacy and metaliteracy instruction into classrooms and the library’s online presence, and in assessing the impact of instruction efforts. The instruction librarian will steer the development of campus wide information literacy learning outcomes that mesh with the strong campus emphasis on experiential and workplace learning. The successful candidate will teach one-shot information literacy sessions, a one credit information literacy course and will seek out opportunities to provide information literacy guidance to both students and faculty, online and in-person. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining and developing online subject and course guides, and will work with the online learning librarian to develop digital learning resources. Additional responsibilities include providing reference services, subject area liaison duties including collection development, oversight of an interlibrary loan paraprofessional, and participation on campus-wide
Special Note: This is an 11 month professional obligation.
Instructional services: 50%
- Teaching: Teach approximately 85 classes per year, mostly for Morrisville campus students and some outreach classes in the community. Teach one credit information literacy class per semester.
- Preparation: Communicate with faculty members about requirements for their classes; Create class guides for students to find specific materials for their projects; Create class assignments, handouts, and grade students’ work for credit bearing information literacy class.
Reference services: 30%
- 12 hours per week at the reference desk. Other tasks accomplished during desk hours include some collection development for liaison areas, reading emails from LISTSERV and journals for professional development, some class preparation, and maintaining work-related
Other projects & professional development: 15%
- Projects: Work on a variety of projects as needed. Projects include assessment work, creating online tutorials, creating and maintaining subject guides, maintaining instructional services statistics, and providing interlibrary loan support.
- Professional development: Keep current in the field by reading professional journals; Attend webinars and conferences.
Committee meetings & work: 5%
- Serve on two committees that meet regularly. Read materials related
to the week’s meeting, and contribute during the meeting.
• An ALA accredited MLS degree
• Demonstrated commitment to support student learning with the ability to engage a variety of learning styles
• Information literacy instruction or other teaching experience
• Knowledge and application of current trends and theories in information literacy and metaliteracy instruction
• Knowledge of emerging technologies and their successful integration into information literacy instruction
• Experience in assessing student learning and instruction initiatives
• Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding public service
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Demonstrated ability to establish and nurture productive collaborative partnerships
• Vision and leadership skills to guide an active and growing information literacy program
• Experience in providing college reference services
• Familiarity with instructional technologies and course management systems
• Familiarity with resources in the natural and health sciences
• Familiarity with ILLIAD and IDS
Salary & Benefits:
Full benefits, salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Morrisville State College Human Resources 315-684-6038