University of Rochester Medical Center
Miner Library at the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) is looking for a Bioinformatics Specialist. We are looking for someone to develop and grow a Bioinformatics Consultation & Education Service that will provide education, training, and consultation services related to the processing and analysis of bioinformatics data to our researchers, faculty, students, and staff.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A PhD or MS in a relevant field (genetics, microbiology, bioinformatics, etc.)
- 2-5 years of experience working in a research lab
- Experience using bioinformatics software used for processing, analyzing, visualizing, manipulating, and/or interpreting bioinformatics data
- Interest in and aptitude for learning new software, tools, and programming languages
- Familiarity with current trends, standards, and emerging technologies in bioinformatics
That’s not all – we’re looking for someone with a passion for teaching and a commitment to the highest levels of customer service.
If the above describes you, we invite you to review the complete job description at https://psportal.its.rochester.edu/applyonline/.