SUNY Cortland is seeking a Archivist and Instructional Services Librarian. This is a tenure-track, full-time academic faculty librarian reporting to the Director of Libraries. This position leads and manages the College’s Archives and provides general and subject specialized library information literacy instruction, reference services, and collection development for assigned departments.
* Master’s of Library Science from an ALA accredited institution;
* Demonstrated successful working experience in archives and special collections, preferably in an academic setting;
* Experience with teaching information literacy instruction programs and providing reference services;
* Familiarity with professional standards, best practices, and emerging technologies in both libraries and archives.
* Experience with digital repositories such as Dspace, Digital Commons and ContentDM;
* Demonstrated understanding of the issues involved in the use and preservation of digital collections, both reformatted and born-digital;
* Knowledge of best practices in information literacy instruction;
* Strong organizational and project management skills;
* Ability to work successfully both as an active, collaborative team member and independently.
For a detailed job description or to apply online go to: http://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/1610
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.