The Morrisville State College Library seeks an energetic, public services focused Circulation Coordinator to supervise the full range of activities that take place at the Library’s busy circulation desk. This is a full-time, 12 month professional position.
* Oversight of all circulation activities
* Maintaining the organization of the Library’s physical information resources
* Management of print and electronic course reserves
* Assisting library users with basic computer and printing issues
* A commitment to providing outstanding public service is essential
* Serve as the initial staff contact for faculty, students, and Library visitors
* First level of referral to resolve user problems
* Supervisory tasks include hiring, scheduling, training, and managing part-time circulation staff and work-study students
* Bachelor’s degree
* Experience in providing library public service to a diverse range of clientele
* Familiarity with online library management systems
* Familiarity with organization of library physical materials
* Microsoft office and computer skills
Preferred qualifications include:
* Supervisory experience
* Academic library work experience
* Experience working with young adults
Start date: August 1, 2017
Apply online at http://www.morrisville.edu/careers. Application materials should include resume, cover letter and list of references. Consideration of candidates will begin April 5, 2017 and continue until position is filled.
Morrisville State College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. The College actively seeks applications from women and members of underrepresented groups. Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.