The Upstate Health Sciences Library (HSL) seeks an engaging, proactive, and user-oriented Clinical Outreach Librarian to focus library efforts in adult consumer health outreach within Upstate University Hospital, and the greater CNY community.
The successful candidate will ensure that consumer health resources are easily accessible and our services and resources meet the needs of our patients, families, and community members.
This job is for you if you are:
• Passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience
• Enthusiastic about improving the health of the CNY community
• A team player who thinks quickly on your feet
• Excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment
• Ready to make a difference everyday
On the job you will:
• Collaborate with Library staff and community stakeholders to develop and maintain services that:
* Engage patients and families during their time at Upstate
* Enhance the health literacy of the CNY community through health fairs and tailored programing
* Provide access to books, media, and activities
* Ensure a strong standard of service
• Supervise the Family Resource Center at Upstate’s Cancer Center
• Remain current with trends in outreach programming and collection development
• Provide customized group instruction and individual reference consultation in support of evidence-based practice
At the HSL, we:
• Provide the resources and support you need to succeed on the job
• Offer a competitive salary and a respectful, inclusive work environment
• Are committed to your professional development, supporting training opportunities and travel to national and regional meetings
• Accommodate a healthy work/life balance (http://www.upstate.edu/hr/new_staff/work_life/)
• Are located in Syracuse (http://www.upstate.edu/facultydev/prospective/community.php)
• ALA accredited Master’s degree in library information science or commensurate degree with relevant experience
• Dedication to excellent customer service
• Excellent communication, time management, and team building skills
• Knowledge of outreach services and event planning
• Background in an academic and/or health sciences library environment
• Experience working with under-represented populations
• Knowledge of evidence based practice
• Membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Summary of benefits (http://www.upstate.edu/hr/new_staff/benefits_payroll/uup_benefits.php)
The HSL’s mission:
Through its exemplary customer services, the Upstate Health Sciences Library ensures the discoverability and accessibility of the information resources needed to promote a healthy community. Our vision: The Upstate Health Sciences Library will excel at developing and providing innovative and sustainable solutions to meet information needs. We will be our communities’ vital partner in discovery.
More about working at Upstate Medical University (http://www.upstate.edu/hr/jobs/10reasons.php)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.