The Pioneer Library System is a state-chartered library system providing cost-saving services to its 42 small and rural libraries. We help libraries achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with the initiative, attention to detail, and drive to see what’s coming around the corner (and plan for “what ifs”) that will allow us to fulfill our mission to make libraries strong, vibrant, and sustainable.
Primary Objectives of the Position:
Through effective execution of wide-ranging administrative duties, this position supports two key areas of our work: 1) Member Library Communication and Engagement; and 2) Administration. The position is full-time and reports to the Executive Director. The responsibilities of the position will require you to work closely with staff members from across the organization and specifically to support the Administrative Department.
Personal Attributes and Strengths of the Successful Candidate:
* Keen ability to work independently, show initiative, and take ownership.
* Natural problem solver with a bias to action.
* Excellent judgment, poise, and professionalism; able to represent the System to its partners.
* Able to re-prioritize tasks and support the organization based on frequently changing needs and move forward even when faced with ambiguity.
* Appreciates and enjoys bringing a high level of detail to tasks.
* Enjoys communications, social media, and graphic design projects.
*Administrative Support for Executive Director (50%):
* Anticipate, plan, and support the Executive Director for upcoming meetings, events, and other calendar commitments.
* Schedule appointments, meetings, travel arrangements, conference calls, and other events as needed.
* Prepare and distribute monthly information packets for the Board of Trustees.
* Support the Executive Director in creating and editing documents and presentations.
* Provide support in responding to communications for the Executive Director.
* Greet visitors and provide back up support for office reception.
* Prepare weekly cash deposits, support some basic accounting functions.
* Provide back up support for Business and Personnel Manager.
* Maintain and organize System files and documentation.
* Provide administrative support for advocacy initiatives, including the scheduling of legislative appointments and the preparation of policy and advocacy documents.
Member Library Communication and Engagement (50%):
* Manage and distribute all electronic newsletters and mass emails for the System.
* Prepare, design, edit, and distribute reports, invitations, fliers, and other communications to support member library engagement.
* Set up and coordinate logistics for System events, conferences, workshops, and site visits.
* Maintain and update System website and events calendar.
* Maintain member library directory and communication databases.
* Communicate to member libraries and the community-at-large through social media channels.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Experience in, and knowledge of, social media, website administration, email systems administration, and Great Plains/Dynamix accounting software is strongly desired, however technical skills can be acquired on the job through training and development provided by our team for motivated candidates.
The ideal candidate will have strong qualifications in:
* Written and verbal communications skills
* Administrative and project management
* The ability to work independently and with others
* The ability to communicate with diverse audiences
* Basic accounting principles
* Graphic design
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Photoshop. The individual must have a general comfort level with cloud computing systems and content management systems.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range $34,000-$37,000 depending on experience. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, and membership in the New York State Retirement System. Many opportunities for continuing education.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references as a PDF to Lauren Moore, Executive Director, Pioneer Library System, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will remain open until filled, but priority will be given to applications received by March 1, 2017.