The Liverpool Public Library is accepting applications for a possible transfer to the position of Librarian II- Community Engagement and Adult Programming Coordinator.
To be eligible as a transfer candidate, you must currently hold a competitive class Librarian II or equivalent position (appointed from a civil service eligible list for the title and successfully completed probation) within New York State. Transfer candidates must serve an 8-26 week probationary period.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to create, introduce and implement a sustainable vision for the department, aligned with the Library’s strategic plan. The Librarian II will oversee a team focused on proactively creating opportunities for community connection and collaboration and will report to the Assistant Director for Patron Services.
What you will do:
• Work collaboratively with library administration, staff and the community to develop responsive outreach services and programs
• Oversee the development of coordinated and innovative adult programs and events; develop and conduct adult programs
• Build and grow community partnerships
• Pilot new service delivery models, such as pop-ups
• Staff outreach events in the community; connect community members with library services and each other
• Attend community meetings as a representative of the library
• Work with administration and staff to establish measurable outcomes and benchmarks
• Use evaluation tools/data to assess community needs and determine effectiveness of outreach services and programs
• Oversee the scheduling of outreach events and the use of outreach vehicles as necessary
• Propose and develop projects for funding; develop and manage grants when applicable
• Manage department budget
• Lead/supervise department staff
• Prepare reports for administration and Board of Trustees.
• Work public service desk in library; may serve as Director’s Designee (Librarian in Charge) when needed.
• Perform related duties as required to meet the needs of the library and its patrons.
Who you are:
• You are committed to excellent customer service, in and out of the library.
• You thrive working in a highly collaborative environment.
• You support teamwork and cooperation.
• You are proactive and keep abreast of trends and best practices.
• You share that information with your department and colleagues.
• You are excited by new developments in our field.
• You are organized.
• You plan and prioritize work effectively.
• You can communicate ideas, listen, generate support and negotiate conflict.
• You are accountable and accept responsibility for your actions.
• You demonstrate professionalism.
• You value diversity and inclusion.
This position is a Permanent appointment.
The salary range is $42,000 to $47,500 for a 35-hour work week that includes some evening and Saturday hours.
The Liverpool Public Library offers a benefits package through the Liverpool Central School District and participates in the NYS Retirement System.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Nancy Marcellus at Nancy.Marcellus@lpl.org or mail to:
Liverpool Public Library
310 Tulip Street
Liverpool, New York 13088
Deadline to apply is January 12, 2018