The Rochester Regional Library Council (RRLC) is hiring a Digital Initiatives Librarian.
This full-time position will play a crucial role in growing RRLC’s Digital Services, supporting technology needs within the office, and exploring new partnerships and collaborations within the region and state.
This position will be responsible for overall planning, development, and implementation of RRLC’s Digital Services, including member participation in New York Heritage, the Empire State Digital Network, the Digital Public Library of America, the New York State Historic Newspaper Project, and the Empire Archival Discovery Cooperative.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee planning, development, and implementation of Digital Services:
* Facilitate RRLC member contributions to New York Heritage
* Ensure that member contributions to the Empire State Digital Network and the Digital Public Library of America meet standards
* Facilitate member contributions to the New York State Historic Newspaper (NYSHN) project
* Facilitate member contributions to the Empire Archival Discovery Cooperative (Empire ADC)
* Facilitate collaborative digital exhibits
* Explore Digital Preservation and other topics related to digital collections & technology
* Responsible for Digital Services Program budget
* Evaluate usage statistics for all RRLC Digital Services
* Cultivate interest in and facilitate the activities of the Digital Services special interest group
* Manage all information technology within the RRLC office
* Manage RRLC web site
* Support other RRLC programs and services
* MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited library program (those expecting an MLS by May 2018 may apply)
* Experience working in a library, archive, or museum (includes paid work or internship/practicum experience)
* Familiarity with digitization projects and related tasks
* Demonstrated customer service skills
* Experience with Google Apps
* Familiarity with open source web platforms such as WordPress
* Familiarity with information technology used in libraries and offices
* Highly developed attention to detail
* Highly developed communication and collaboration skills
* Intellectual curiosity and commitment to learning
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
* This is a full time position (37.5 hours per week).
* The salary range is $48,000-$53,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
* Comprehensive benefit package includes paid time off, medical coverage, and retirement plan.
Visit the Job Announcement for the full job description and details on how to apply.
Preference will be given to applications received by January 12, 2018. The position will remain open until filled.