Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for evaluating and incorporating emerging technologies into library programming, services, and collections.
* Provides reference and material advisory services.
* Provides and conducts staff technology training and assessment.
* Selects and maintains digital services, collections and resources for the library.
* Serves as liaison to and from other agencies and groups to provide access to the library’s digital services and collections.
* Serves as liaison to library technology consultants and vendors.
* Provides support to library social media and website applications.
* Develops and leads library programming in collaboration with staff for teens and adults.
* Supports children’s digital resources for library programs and services.
* Communicates well with director, staff, volunteers, patrons.
* Keeps statistics and submits reports on digital services and programming.
* Attends staff meetings, board meetings if requested, professional meetings, workshops, and community activities.
* Keeps abreast of library issues, policies, procedures and technology.
* Knowledge and proficiency with computer technology is essential.
* Carries out general public service duties when necessary and performs other duties asassigned by the director.
* Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited institution.
* Possession of or eligibility for New York State Public Librarian’s Certificate.
* Minimum of one year experience in a library setting, preferably in a technology capacity.
* Day, evening and weekend hours are required.
* Excellent people and customer service skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Experience with POLARIS circulation system beneficial.
Full time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by February 15, 2017 to:
Susan Morgan, Library Director
Onondaga Free Library
4840 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse, NY 13215