- This event has passed.
RCLS Webinar: Committee Leadership Training – How to Run a Meeting
December 3, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Presenters Carolyn Bennett Glauda, Southeastern New York Library Resources Council, and Joanna Goldfarb & Jen Park, Ramapo Catskill Library System, encourage any library staff, directors, and trustees to attend a session regarding committee leadership. This training is appropriate for anyone who is new to a leadership position in a committee, would like to learn more about how to effectively run meetings, or who is interested in assuming a leadership position in the future.
Attendees will “walk away” with the following learning objectives:
- Construct an effective meeting
- Decide what structure will meet the meeting’s needs (will this meeting require Robert’s Rules?)
- Empower all meeting attendees to participate
- Communicate effectively with a large group
- Value the attendees’ time
- Stay on task, tactfully conclude off-topic discussions, and end meetings in a timely manner
This workshop will take place via Zoom. Log-in information will be sent to registrants the morning of the program. Attendees will receive 1 CEU.