- This event has passed.
WNYLRC Webinar: Intersect 2020 – From Shushing to Shouting: Advocacy and Using Your Voice
October 2 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
On behalf of the Western New York Library Resources Council, the Continuing Education Committee would like to thank everybody who made the past two Intersect Unconferences a success! We were inspired by the great ideas, creativity and support from the library workers of Western NY, and we are excited to continue this year with Intersect 2020: From Shushing to Shouting: Advocacy and Using Your Voice!
Due to the current restrictions on gatherings and events, and the uncertainties that face all of us on returning to our working spaces, the Continuing Education Committee has decided to hold this year’s Intersect Unconference virtually. We are trying to keep the spirit of learning from and collaborating with each other alive in our current telecommuting climate, and feel that a virtual unconference can still maintain the format integrity of small breakout sessions, large plenary discussions, and individual spaces for networking, casual discussion, and demonstrations.
The purpose of INTERSECT is to facilitate a culture of co-learning among librarians and other interested professionals in the region by bringing people together to network and share ideas in an interactive, engaging, informal setting where participants determine the content.
- Advocacy & Storytelling
- Advocating for Library Staff During COVID-19
- But *I Am* Faculty: Self Advocacy in the Age of Title-Questioning
- Creating a Coordinated Advocacy Campaign From Nuts to Bolts
- Health Literacy & the Library
- An Intergenerational Book Club That Ignites Deep Discussion on Challenging Issues
- Open Data Scavenger Hunt
- Peer Sharing + Peer Learning = Community Empowerment
- Prepare, Partner, Protect, Propose, and Persevere: Advocating for a Dedicated Information Literacy Classroom
- The Right to Learn: Advocating for People Who Are Incarcerated
Full program to follow!
The registration price this year is $20.20, to commemorate this interesting and unprecedented year! If you are a library worker who would like to attend the 2020 Intersect Unconference but have been furloughed or otherwise economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us, as we are currently working on financial assistance for our colleagues in need.