POSTPONED – Workshop for CLRC Member Libraries: Free Money for Medical Information
April 23 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Do you fill medical ILL requests for your patrons or students?
Do you need access to a medical resources databases?
Did you know you can be reimbursed for your document delivery costs?
The New York State Library Division of Library Development (DLD) provides funding for medical and consumer health information costs. CLRC coordinates and administers these funds to member libraries for reimbursement of document delivery costs, among others.
In this workshop, participants will:
* learn about the NYS Medical Information Services Program (MISP)
* learn how to be reimbursed for accepted ILL expenses
* learn ways to easily pull medical request reports (WorldShare ILL, ILLiad, EFTS)
* how to evaluate reports and invoices for eligibility
* NOTE: Bring your current or outstanding reports to make a submission at the workshop
This program can benefit:
* Libraries with low ILL volume – get this program on your radar and create a schedule to check for medical ILL requests. Get tips to make the processing easier for someone who might have multiple roles.
* Libraries with high ILL volume – get tips and tricks to make review and submissions a manageable process. Learn how to create a schedule to keep the streamline the amount of requests to review.
* Libraries looking to increase ILL volume – advertise ILL services with health programming and let this funding allow your ILL policies to expand.
* Any library that needs some extra money for something they already do.
About the presenters:
Anna Dobkowski, Resource Sharing and Outreach Coordinator at CLRC, will give an overview of the program, the guidelines and reimbursement procedures.
Stephanie Helsher, Resource Sharing Librarian at the Health Sciences Library at SUNY Upstate Medical University, will demonstrate how she creates a monthly list for reimbursement.
Miki DeLaFleur, Resource Sharing & Reserves Coordinator at Utica College, will demonstrate her procedures for semi-annual reimbursement.
This workshop is sponsored by the CLRC Resource Sharing Special Interest Group (RS SIG)