- March 3, 2018
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Come enjoy an early afternoon of networking, snacking, and leisurely learning among SU students, faculty and local professionals. CLICK HERE to view the full conference schedule or see the below (subject to minor changes).
This event is open to all CLRC members and is FREE! Please register below.
10 – 10:15 a.m.
- Welcome & Sign-in (Main Floor)
- Breakfast (iCafe)
- Tell it Like it is: The Professional Resume vs. The Academic CV (Chris Perrello) — Hinds 120
- Let’s Talk: Civil Service and You (B. Maggie Foster) — Hinds 121
- DIY Nature Programming at the Library (Nate Keefe) — Hinds 021
- Libraries of My Life (Mircea Pitici) — Hinds 023
- Keynote: Edna Susman: Veterans Testimonial Project — Hinds 347
- LUNCH (iCafe)
- OER & Open Textbooks – What You Need to Know (Danielle Masursky) — Hinds 120
- LGBTQ Representation in Middle Grade and Young Adult Literature (Pauline Schwartzman) — Hinds 121
- Basic Bookbinding: The Art of the Japanese Stab Book (Nicole Potter & Kim Hoffman) — Hinds 021
- Lightning Rounds: The KAY Cup: What I Learned from my Home Coffee Roasting Experience (Kayla Del Biondo) and How to Dress for Syracuse Weather (So You Won’t Be Cold, Wet, or Miserable) (Margaret Martin) — Hinds 023
- A Crash Course in Conflict Management (Samantha Dannick) — Hinds 120
- I Am Human Too: Interacting with a Person Who is Blind or Visually Impaired (Ellen Bartlett) — Hinds 121
- Lightning Rounds: Book Art (Jen Bort) and Doctor Who (Brianna Jackson) — Hinds 021
- Life as a Freelance IT Consultant (Glenn Allen) — Hinds 120
- Lightning Round: From Interest to Research (or FitS One Year Later) (Nicole Potter and Jill Scarson) — Hinds 121
- Adding to the Historical Narrative: Education, Social Reform and Teaching Nuns (Melanie Nappa-Carroll) — Hinds 021
- Networking & Dessert
Parking is available at several area garages (visit http://parking.syr.edu/) and also on the street. Street parking is free along sections of Madison Street and Walnut Ave. It is a short 5-10 minute walk from these areas to Hinds Hall. Street parking is metered at other locations including closer to and around Marshall Street and University Ave.