Professional Development Awards
CLRC is happy to provide awards to our members for professional development opportunities.
The Professional Development Awards are typically small grants that help support attendance at local or regional conferences and workshops. Funds may also be requested to underwrite a portion of the cost of attending a larger conference or event. Please carefully review the rules and requirements listed below before submitting your application.
2020 DEADLINES ARE QUARTERLY AS FOLLOWS:
– Tuesday, March 31 – Tuesday, June 30 – Wednesday, September 30 – Thursday, December 31 –
Rules and Requirements
- Candidates must be employed at an information organization that is a member of the Central New York Library Resources Council. View our member directory here.
- Candidates must not have received an award from CLRC within the calendar year.
- Candidates must submit their resume and a letter of support from their supervisor.
- Applications are accepted quarterly. See the deadlines above.
- Please submit one application per person. For example, if you plan on attending a conference with a colleague each person should have their own separate application.
- Awards will range in size and are dependent on available funding. Frugality is encouraged and appreciated, but please be realistic in your estimates. Click here to download an expense estimate spreadsheet.
- CLRC may award the full amount requested or only a part. In either case, the applicant must use the award for the stated purpose.
- Funds will be provided on submission of receipts after the purchase or event takes place. For certain travel expenses, CLRC may be able to provide funding in advance or purchase directly (but this must be discussed in advance). Receipts must be submitted to Rebecca Kluberdanz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receipts must be accompanied by a report, which CLRC may share, detailing the benefits of the event or opportunity. Images and graphics are encouraged (including you at the event/opportunity). View the Conference Takeaways below or download the report from CLRC’s first Professional Development Award recipient, Ruth Owens, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, to get a sense of what should be included. Reports can be submitted to Rebecca Kluberdanz at email@example.com.
- The deadline to submit your report and receipts is 30 business days from the last day of the event. You risk not being reimbursed if your documents are submitted after that date.
Leslie Cartier, CLRC Professional Development Award Recipient, Talks About the American Association of School Librarians Conference
Due to the generosity of the CLRC’s professional development grant, I was able to travel to Louisville, Kentucky in mid November, 2019 to attend the Biennial Conference of the American Association of School Librarians.
Elizabeth Hartnett, CLRC Professional Development Award Recipient, Talks About the American Association of School Librarians Conference
In November of 2019 I was able to attend the AASL 2019 conference in Louisville, Kentucky with the financial assistance of CLRC. This was the first national library conference I have ever been able to attend.
Giovanna R. Colosi, CLRC Professional Development Award Recipient, Talks About the New York Library Association Conference
In November 2019 I was able to attend the New York Library Association’s (NYLA) 2019 annual conference and trade show in Saratoga Springs, NY with the help of a generous grant from CLRC.