Professional Development Awards
CLRC is happy to provide awards to our members for professional development opportunities.
The Professional Development Awards are typically small grants that help support attendance at local or regional conferences and workshops. Funds may also be requested to underwrite a portion of the cost of attending a larger conference or event. Please carefully review the rules and requirements listed below before submitting your application.
2019 DEADLINES ARE QUARTERLY AS FOLLOWS:
– Sunday, March 31 – Sunday, June 30 – Monday, September 30 – Tuesday, December 31 –
Rules and Requirements
- Candidates must be employed at an information organization that is a member of the Central New York Library Resources Council. View our member directory here.
- Candidates must not have received an award from CLRC within the calendar year.
- Candidates must submit their resume and a letter of support from their supervisor.
- Applications are accepted quarterly. See the deadlines above.
- Awards will range in size and are dependent on available funding. Frugality is encouraged and appreciated, but please be realistic in your estimates. Click here to download an expense estimate spreadsheet.
- CLRC may award the full amount requested or only a part. In either case, the applicant must use the award for the stated purpose.
- Funds will be provided on submission of receipts after the purchase or event takes place. For certain travel expenses, CLRC may be able to provide funding in advance or purchase directly (but this must be discussed in advance). Receipts must be submitted to Rebecca Kluberdanz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receipts must be accompanied by a report, which CLRC may share, detailing the benefits of the event or opportunity. Images and graphics are encouraged (including you at the event/opportunity). View the Conference Takeaways below or download the report from CLRC’s first Professional Development Award recipient, Ruth Owens, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, to get a sense of what should be included. Reports can be submitted to Rebecca Kluberdanz at email@example.com.
The Central New York Libraries Resources Council (CLRC)’s Professional Development Grant enabled me to attend the Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (NESAWG) Annual Conference, It Takes a Region: Cultivating a Transformative Food System held in Philadelphia, PA.read more
Thanks to a Professional Development Grant from the CLRC, I attended the Library Marketing and Communications Conference (LMCC) in St. Louis, Missouri. The conference has been held annually since 2015 and has grown every year as libraries recognize the need to improve their social media, branding, web design, and communications in order to better position themselves to have their messages heard, collections and services well-used, and programs well-attended.read more
New York Library Association ConferenceRochster, NY - November 2018Thanks to a Professional Development grant through CLRC, I was able to attend the 2018 New York Library Association Annual Conference in Rochester, NY. This conference offered a wide...read more