Professional Development Awards
CLRC is happy to provide awards to our members for professional development opportunities. The Professional Development Awards are typically small grants that help support attendance at local or regional conferences and workshops. Funds may also be requested to underwrite a portion of the cost of attending a larger conference or event. Please carefully review the rules and requirements listed below before submitting your application. Email us with questions.
2018 DEADLINES ARE QUARTERLY AS FOLLOWS:
- Saturday, March 31
- Saturday, June 30
- Sunday, September 30
- Monday, December 31
Rules and Requirements
- Candidates must be employed at an information organization that is a member of the Central New York Library Resources Council. View our member directory here.
- Candidates must not have received an award from CLRC within the calendar year.
- Candidates must submit their resume and a letter of support from their supervisor.
- Applications are accepted quarterly. See the deadlines above.
- Awards will range in size and are dependent on available funding. Frugality is encouraged and appreciated, but please be realistic in your estimates. Click here to download an expense estimate spreadsheet.
- CLRC may award the full amount requested or only a part. In either case, the applicant must use the award for the stated purpose.
- Funds will be provided on submission of receipts after the purchase or event takes place. For certain travel expenses, CLRC may be able to provide funding in advance or purchase directly (but this must be discussed in advance). Receipts must be submitted to Rebecca Kluberdanz at email@example.com.
- Receipts must be accompanied by a report, which CLRC may share, detailing the benefits of the event or opportunity. Images and graphics are encouraged (including you at the event/opportunity). View the Conference Takeaways below or download the report from CLRC’s first Professional Development Award recipient, Ruth Owens, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry to get a sense of what should be included. Reports can be submitted to Rebecca Kluberdanz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amanda Travis’ Recap of the Dynamic Planning Institute at PLA – CLRC Professional Development Grant Recipient
Dynamic Planning Institute @ PLA 2018 Conference, March 20, 2018 Thanks to a professional development grant from CLRC, I was able to attend an all-day pre-conference on strategic planning at the PLA 2018 Conference in...read more
Public Library Association Conference Philadelphia, PA – March 2018 Thanks to CLRC’s Professional Development Grant I was able to attend the Public Library Association (PLA) Conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This conference is only offered every other year,...read more
Conference: The 32nd annual Computers in Libraries (CIL) conference, “Upping Our Game: Taking Libraries to New Heights with Technology” in Arlington, VA Attendee: Jen Bort, Research & Development Librarian, Central NY Library Resources Council (CLRC) The Sessions...read more