SUNY Morrisville Butcher Library invites applications for a full-time, tenure track Instructional Services Librarian.
The successful candidate will assume the lead role in infusing information literacy learning outcomes into a diverse campus community where the emphasis is on career-focused experiential learning. Instruction activities include a busy schedule of one-shot information literacy sessions and a one credit information literacy course, as well as responsibility for information literacy instruction impact assessment.
The Instructional Services Librarian works collaboratively with a small team of librarians to seek out opportunities to provide information literacy and library services guidance to both students and faculty, online and in-person. Responsibilities include oversight and assessment of Ask 24/7 reference services and participation in library marketing and program development and implementation. Additional duties include providing reference services, subject area liaison duties including collection development and course/subject guide development, and participation on campus-wide committees. This is an 11 month professional obligation.
• An ALA accredited MLS degree
• Demonstrated commitment to support student learning with the ability to engage a variety of learning styles
• Minimum one year academic library and information literacy instruction experience
• Knowledge and application of current trends and theories in information literacy and metaliteracy instruction
• Evidence of the successful integration of innovative teaching strategies into information literacy instruction
• Demonstrated vision and leadership initiative to guide an active and growing information literacy program
• Familiarity with workplace information literacy
• Familiarity with instructional technologies and course management systems
• Familiarity with nursing and natural resources information resources
• Familiarity with LibGuides and AskUs 24/7
• Experience in assessing student learning and instruction initiatives
• Experience in providing academic reference services
• Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding public service
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Demonstrated ability to establish and nurture productive collaborative partnerships
SUNY Morrisville is seeking candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to providing leadership in building equitable, diverse, and inclusive environments.
Apply online at http://www.morrisville.edu/careers. Application materials should include resume and cover letter.
Consideration of candidates will begin August 13, 2018 and continue until position is filled.