SUNY Cortland Memorial Library seeks to hire an innovative, collaborative, and dynamic academic librarian for a tenure-track, full-time, faculty, senior assistant librarian to serve as an Instructional Services Librarian, reporting to the information literacy/instruction coordinator. The successful candidate will serve as a liaison to selected departments and be an active participant in Memorial Library’s information literacy programs and reference services.
* Master Library Science or Library Information Science (MLS) degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program
* One year of experience providing reference services in a library setting
* One year of experience teaching information literacy classes in an academic setting
* Demonstrated ability to employ instructional design principles, active learning techniques, and effective supplemental materials
* Effective written and oral communications skills
* Ability to work successfully both as an active, collaborative team member and independently
* Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills, professional commitment to positive interactions with a diverse student population
* Commitment to ongoing professional development
THE COLLEGE AND COMMUNITY:
SUNY Cortland is a comprehensive college within the State University of New York system and is known for its superb programs in speech-language pathology, teacher education, recreation, parks and leisure studies, health, physical education, and a number of leading liberal arts programs in the natural and social sciences as well as the arts and humanities. Our many programs are designed to support our commitment to civic responsibility, environmental responsibility, international education, professional education and social justice. More than 90 percent of SUNY Cortland’s 7,200 undergraduate and graduate students gain hands-on experience through internships, volunteerism, civic engagement and study abroad. Its three schools – education, arts and sciences and professional studies – are committed to excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, service and international education. The campus is located in the geographic center of New York State and is a half-hour drive from Syracuse and Ithaca and four hours from New York City and Philadelphia. Situated in the beautiful Finger Lakes region, Cortland offers an array of regional cultural and recreational opportunities, as well as affordable housing and excellent school systems.
For application instructions and to apply online go to: http://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/2103. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a successful candidate is chosen.
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/EEO/ADA) employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.