Onondaga Community College is accepting applications for a tenure track, Instructional Technology Librarian to join the faculty of Coulter Library. Applicants must have a commitment to working positively with a diverse student population and should be friendly, patient, adaptable and flexible.
Primary responsibilities include overseeing the Library’s instruction classes (in person & online), managing the circulation department and the library’s social media presence.
Additional responsibilities include involvement in maker initiatives, student advisement, participation in campus and professional committees and participation in the department‘s evening and weekend rotations.
* ALA accredited MLS
* ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues and other members of the campus community
* teaching experience
* reference experience
* ability to work as a team leader as well as independently
* knowledge of and experience with electronic resources
* demonstrated knowledge and experience with electronic and traditional information sources and integrated library systems
* successful supervisory experience
* exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* superior planning and organizational skills
* strong computing and technology skills
* College reference and teaching experience
* experience with maker resources
* social media technologies
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, unofficial transcripts, CV and cover letter must be attached to application. Official transcripts are required at time of hire. The three references listed must be professional references.
Onondaga Community College offers a generous and competitive benefits package including:
* Health insurance (qualifying domestic partners included)
* Enrollment in the New York State Teacher’s Retirement System
APPLY HERE by October 22, 2017