The Onondaga County Public Library is seeking a full time Administrative Intern (Integrated Technologies Librarian) to serve as the primary support for the OCPL integrated library system (ILS).
This position is temporary and will last 6 to 18 months.
We are seeking a Librarian with good knowledge of bibliographic tools and sources, library database systems, and modern library procedures, policies, aims, and services. Under the supervision of the Director of Library Information Systems, the incumbent is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and on-going support of the automated library services offered by the OCPL system. These services may include the authentication of remote patrons to online databases, software programs that allow timed access to public Internet computers, and maintaining the cost-effective shared integrated library system for Onondaga County libraries, along with other systems that depend on it. The Integrated Technologies Librarian may also provide public service, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide high-level technical and content support for the ILS and other automated library software to all OCPL branch and member staff
• Develop and execute SQL queries and scripts to generate various reports (weekly, monthly, annually) based on the data available in the ILS software, and to automate processes
• Maintain and implement solutions to continually improve the quality of the OCPL catalog
• Collaborate with the Web Librarian to maintain and further develop the user experience of the OCPL website and OPAC
• Create and present workshops/staff training, as needed
• Create documentation to support the library technology systems and related processes
• Assist in the implementation of new automated library software and related technologies
• Conducts ongoing evaluation of workflows to determine opportunities for automation
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
• Experience working in the Polaris or other Integrated Library Systems is preferred
• Knowledge of current library software and hardware technologies, and web-based technologies
• Ability to analyze problems, assess future problems, and formulate complex action plans to facilitate resolution of said problems
• Ability to research information, collect data, and interpret and analyze findings
• Excellent oral and writing communication skills
• Skills in web design and development is preferred
• Ability to provide excellent customer support via phone, email and in person
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize tasks
• Ability to work flexible schedules when needed to aid in system support for the OCPL libraries
Interested candidates for the Administrative Intern position should submit their resume via email to:
Personnel Officer, OCPL
447 S. Salina St.
Syracuse, NY 13202