The College of Nursing and Medical Libraries at St. Joseph’s Health seeks a responsible Library Coordinator for the oversight and administration of library services.
· Provides reference and information services for members of the medical and hospital staff and College of Nursing faculty and administration, including literature searches and article retrieval.
· Selects, evaluates, and organizes library materials, including books, audiovisuals, periodicals, databases etc.
· Conducts library instruction, including tours, formal and informal classes, and workshops, which highlight specific tools and target the specific audience.
· Oversees the inventory, withdrawal, and repair procedures, as well as the cataloging, and physical processing of new library materials.
· Responsible for planning, assessing, implementing and maintaining library information systems and administering access to information related to library resources and holdings. Coordinates problem resolution as needed.
· Prepares and implements contracts for library materials and services.
· Develops and evaluates library services and programs.
· Makes policy and budgetary recommendations for the library.
· Represents the library on college and hospital committees.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· ALA accredited Master’s degree in library information sciences or equivalent.
· Knowledge of methods used in locating complex materials and compiling subject bibliographies.
· Knowledge of the methods of classifying and cataloging library materials.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to inter-professional team-building and collaborative partnerships required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
Masters in Library Science, maintains knowledge and skills related to medical information management.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT, SKILLS OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
· PC and appropriate software and Internet knowledge, knowledge of library equipment and supplies.
· A solid understanding of departmental related terminology.
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Customer service oriented.
· Service specific skills.
Medium work: lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
WORK CONTACT GROUP:
All services, employees, medical staff, patients, visitors, vendors, various regulatory and professional agencies.