CLRC offers its member constituents (including members of our five participating library systems and individual members) access to the entire lynda.com training library at no charge.
For more information on how to request an access code, please click here
Gamification allows you to present educational content to learners in a way that’s engaging, visually compelling, and personalized. In this course, Karl Kapp explores the various types of gamification, and shows how to use gamification and interactive learning to develop effective learning experiences. He explains how to add game elements to instructional design and use reward systems for learner engagement. He also reviews the different types of structural gamification, including competition-based and badge-based. To wrap up, he dives into content gamification, explaining how to leverage characters for learning, create challenges, and provide juicy feedback.
- Games vs. gamification
- Making a gamified learning experience successful
- Leveraging dashboards and big data
- Engaging different interests of learners
- Creating effective feedback loops
- Writing effective questions
- Designing effective leaderboards
- Structural types of gamification
- Creating a motivating challenge
CLRC’s subscription to lynda.com is a service of the Empire State Library Network, and is supported by Regional Bibliographic Data Bases and Interlibrary Resources Sharing (RBDB) funds.