CLRC offers its member constituents (including members of our five participating library systems and individual members) access to the entire lynda.com training library at no charge.
For more information on how to request an access code, please click here
SQL Server supports mission-critical applications and big data solutions—without having to buy expensive add-ons or high-end appliances. Learn the essentials of Microsoft’s latest release, SQL Server 2016. Use tools like SQL Management Studio and the Configuration Monitor to deploy and manage databases both on premises and in the cloud. Learn how to create new databases, build tables, define relationships, write queries, and use stored procedures and built-in functions. Instructor Martin Guidry—a SQL Server veteran—also shows how to manipulate XML and JSON data, and perform crucial database administration tasks, such as backups and restores, security enhancements, and performance monitoring. Plus, find out how to extend SQL Server by integrating it with cloud services like Microsoft Azure.
- Installing SQL Management Studio
- Using SQL Server Configuration Monitor
- Creating a database
- Creating tables with SMS and T-SQL
- Creating relationships between tables
- Creating views
- Writing queries to return XML
- Working with XML and JSON
- Backing up and restoring SQL Server
- Monitoring and management
- Integrating SQL Server with cloud services like Azure