SUNY Polytechnic Institute Peter J. Cayan Library seeks one or more persons to add to the On Call Librarian list to fill in for an absent staff member during daytime hours in July and August.
The summer position has flexible hours, full or part-time. The library is open Monday – Thursday 8am – 4pm, and Friday 8am – noon. When classes are in session, the On Call Librarian will be available on short notice to work when needed on weekdays, weekday evenings (until 11pm) and/or weekends (Saturday 10am – 5pm, Sunday 11am – 7pm).
Building Related Duties:
* Open and/or close the library building
* Report building maintenance needs to the appropriate party
Circulation Desk Duties:
* Supervise the work of Student Library Assistants
* Staff circulation desk as needed
* Assist individuals with directional questions and provide general customer service
* Use Library Management System to check items in and out, locate materials, and do basic searching
* Process reserve and interlibrary loan items
* Refer non-library questions to the appropriate IT Help Desk, Learning Center, Distance Learning, Mario Café, or Nano Working Solutions personnel
* Manage study room keys and reservations
Reference Related Duties:
* Assist patrons with basic reference questions in person, by telephone and email, and via QuestionPoint digital chat
* Refer complex reference questions to appropriate colleagues
* Project work including reviewing documents, online research guides, link checking, outreach and assessment
Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree is required. Applicants must have some library experience, excellent interpersonal communication, customer service and problem-solving skills, and the flexibility to work on short notice. An American Library Association accredited master’s degree is preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume and/or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.