Onondaga County Public Library (OCPL) is seeking a qualified part-time Librarian Assistant to work at the Central Library up to 17 hours per week. The Central Library is located in downtown Syracuse.
In addition to customer service, the successful candidate will also assist grant seekers with the Foundation Center and help with the planning, implementation, and instruction for a new digital preservation center.
* Provide reference, readers’ advisory and referral services to all patrons, in person, by telephone and online.
* Act as the support person for a new digital preservation center
* Help train patrons and staff on the use of the digital preservation center equipment: digitizing photos, converting VHS to DVDs, scanning slides and converting film negatives.
* Instruct patrons in the use of the library’s online research tools and downloadable media.
* Collect and analyze data to support library programs and services and produce clear, coherent reports as needed.
* Work with the library Foundation Center and assist patrons in the areas of civil service, nonprofit management, grant seeking, and fundraising.
* Assist with collection development through purchase suggestions and deselection of items.
* Assist with outreach and programming, as requested
Required and/or preferred knowledge, skills, and experience:
* Excellent customer service skills
* Creativity and ability to think outside the box
* Outstanding technology skills
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Excellent internet and searching skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency with Windows Operating System, web searching, standard MS Office applications and a variety of electronic devices
* Ability to design individualized and group instruction
Must be available to work up to 17 hours per week, including rotating Saturdays and evenings.
Pay Rate: $24.92 per hour
* Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
* 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred
* Strong technology background
* Training and/or teaching skills preferred
Send resume and letter of interest to Darrell Buckingham, Personnel Officer by October 15, 2018. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.