Onondaga County Public Library is seeking a qualified part-time Librarian Assistant to work at the Central Library up to 17 hours per week. In addition to customer service, the successful candidate will help meet the demands of the public for digital literacy instruction and job searching skills and will help support a 12-seat computer lab and over 45 public pcs. The Librarian Assistant will help staff the library by covering selected evenings, Saturday and weekday shifts. The Central Library is located in downtown Syracuse. (447 South Salina Street, Syracuse, NY 13202)
* Develop and implement digital literacy programming in both group and individual formats.
* Instruct patrons in the use of the library’s online research tools and downloadable media.
* Provide training for library patrons on topics such as resume creation and job searching skills.
* Collect and analyze data to support library programs and services and produce clear, coherent reports as needed.
* Research and review new technologies as they relate to library service.
* Provide reference, readers’ advisory and referral services to all patrons, in person, by telephone and online.
* Support training for staff on new software.
* Assist with collection development through purchase suggestions and deselection of items.
* Assist with programming and outreach as requested.
Required and/or preferred knowledge, skills, and experience:
* Excellent customer service skills
* Creativity and ability to think outside the box
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency with Windows Operating System, web searching, standard MS Office applications and a variety of electronic devices
* Ability to design individualized and group instruction and programming
Must be available to work up to 17 hours per week, including rotating Saturdays and evenings.
Pay Rate: $24.92 per hour
* Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
* 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred
* Strong technology background
* Training and/or teaching skills preferred
Send resume and letter of interest to Darrell Buckingham, Personnel Officer by October 15, 2018. Email: email@example.com