Onondaga Community College in Syracuse, New York, is accepting applications for an instructor part-time to join the faculty of Coulter Library.
Adjuncts in the library teach library classes as well as provide library reference and other professional library services during a regular schedule of day and evening hours, but may be required to occasionally adjust these hours. Applicants must have a commitment to working positively with a diverse student population and should be patient, adaptable and flexible. Reports to the Reference Librarian.
* Provide library reference services (traditional and virtual) during regularly scheduled hours;
* Teach library classes;
* Collaborate with the Reference Librarian to provide a wide array of library services using both print and electronic resources;
* Supervise evening staff;
* Responsible for library closing;
* Work both independently and as part of a team;
* Adhere to library policies and procedures;
* Other duties as assigned.
* ALA accredited Master of Library Science degree;
* Reference experience;
* Familiarity with integrated library systems, database searching and current technological LIS applications;
* Teaching experience.
* Prior supervisory experience and Academic library reference experience are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Superior interpersonal and organizational skills;
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An unofficial transcript from MLS degree must be attached to this application for full consideration. At the time of hire, official transcripts are required.