Mohawk Valley Community College has an opening for a Part-Time Reference Librarian to serve at the Rome Campus Library. The successful candidate should be service-oriented, reliable, and flexible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide general reference services in person and online
* Conduct instructional sessions as part of the library’s information literacy program
* Provide computer-related assistance to patrons in library computer areas
* Assist with the creation of research guides and online tutorials in support of library instruction and other library services
* Oversee library facilities and insures smooth operations at assigned campus location
* Contribute to special projects as assigned
* An American Library Association (ALA)-accredited master’s degree is required or expected completion in Spring 2018.
* Academic library experience
* Knowledge of emerging technologies
* Experience working with underrepresented groups is preferred
We anticipate hiring one part-time reference librarian to fill three afternoon shifts each week at the Rome Campus library.
Please visit https://mvcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=206 for more details and to apply for this position.
Review Start Date: 2/16/2018