The Northern Onondaga Public Library is looking for a part-time manager for our LibraryFarm project.
The LibraryFarm at the Cicero Library is a nationally recognized program that is often referred to as a unique maker space, where the community learns and works together to explore organic growing and sustainable goals.
The Library Farm Manager works an average of 18 hours per week, with a flexible schedule (may work more hours during the growing season) including some Saturdays and evenings.
Starting pay is 22.60 per hour. Part-time staff members are eligible to join the New York State Retirement System, and receive some employee benefits (vacation and sick leave).
* Works closely with the branch manager, the “plotters” and the LF Steering Committee
* Represents NOPL and the LibraryFarm in the community
* Promotes the LibraryFarm through its Facebook page and newsletter,
* Explores funding opportunities and prepares grant applications
* Plans library programming related to the LibraryFarm and Sustainability
* Participates in special projects like the Cicero Farmers Market
* Develops and facilitates weekly summer Nature Camp program for children
* Bachelor’s degree, or four years of relevant paraprofessional or professional level work experience, or its part-time equivalent
* Valid New York State driver’s license
Skills and Strengths:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* General gardening knowledge and interest
* Comfortable working with groups and organizing group projects
* Willingness to support organizational goals
Send letter of interest and resume to: Kate McCaffrey, Director email@example.com
Deadline: February 22, 2017