Mohawk Valley Community College seeks a Reference and Instruction Librarian. The candidate should be an energetic, forward-thinking professional who demonstrates a strong service orientation coupled with an enthusiasm for creative approaches that will provide a full range of reference services and promote increased information literacy among students.
Responsibilities of the Reference and Instruction Librarian include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provides general reference services by helping patrons with their informational and research needs at the reference desk, during individual appointments, and online
* Oversees the creation and enhancement of online learning objects such as specialized research guides and multimedia tutorials in support of library instruction and other library services
* Contributes to the design and implementation of library assessment initiatives, especially in reference, instruction, and user experience; Provide supervision and mentorship to part-time reference librarians
* Conducts instructional sessions as part of the library’s information literacy program for the core curriculum
* Offers liaison services to several academic departments, including subject-tailored information literacy instruction, creation of research guides, assistance with collection development, and general outreach
* Participates in the selection of new reference materials and research databases for addition to the library’s physical and online collections
* Conducts outreach activities to faculty and on- and off-campus organizations, in order to promote library services, and to educate these groups about the effective use of library resources
* Stays current with evolving information technologies and how they could be employed to advance the College Libraries’ mission.
* An American Library Association (ALA)-accredited master’s degree is required at the time of appointment.
* Knowledge of major research resources used in academic libraries
* Familiarity with information literacy standards and frameworks
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a collegial environment
* Ability to manage and prioritize projects; excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Understanding of trends and technologies impacting library services in higher education; commitment to professional achievement and growth.
Preferred qualifications include instruction experience, academic library experience, teaching or working with under-represented groups, and knowledge about emerging technologies.
Review of applications will begin 6/5/2017 and continue until the position is filled.
For more information or to apply online, visit https://mvcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=2&c=mvcc