The Upstate Health Sciences Library (HSL) seeks a Reference & Research Services Librarian. The successful candidate will be an innovative and creative individual that looks forward to working with a variety of customer groups, including but not limited to, researchers, residents, students, and faculty to develop and grow services that support the research and academic programs of Upstate Medical University.
This job is for you if you:
· Enjoy providing excellent customer service
· Enjoy providing reference and instruction services
· Are adaptable to an ever changing environment
On the job you will:
· Provide reference services including literature searches, reference desk coverage, individual and group instruction, tours and orientations
· Utilize citation management tools
· Develop services for the students and faculty in the College of Graduate Studies
· Participate on Library and University wide committees
At the HSL, we:
· Provide the resources and support you need to succeed on the job
· Offer a competitive salary and a respectful, inclusive work environment
· Are committed to your professional development, supporting training opportunities and travel to national and regional meetings
· Accommodate a healthy work/life balance http://www.upstate.edu/hr/new_staff/work_life/
· Are located in Syracuse (http://www.upstate.edu/facultydev/prospective/community.php), one of the nation’s most affordable major housing markets
· ALA accredited Master’s degree in library information science or commensurate degree with at least one year of relevant experience
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and service orientation
· Experience developing, coordinating, implementing, and assessing library service programs in reference & instruction
· Ability to build and sustain relationships and work collaboratively with faculty and staff outside of the library
· Experience in an academic or health sciences library
· Knowledge of trends surrounding open access, copyright issues in the academic setting, and scholarly communications
· Knowledge of evidence based practice and health sciences resources (i.e. PubMed, Scopus, CINAHL)
· Experience with bibliographic citation managers (RefWorks, EndNote, Mendeley)
· Knowledge of the scientific research process
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Summary of benefits (http://www.upstate.edu/hr/new_staff/benefits_payroll/uup_benefits.php)
The HSL’s mission:
Through its exemplary customer services, the Upstate Health Sciences Library ensures the discoverability and accessibility of the information resources needed to promote a healthy community. Our vision: The Upstate Health Sciences Library will excel at developing and providing innovative and sustainable solutions to meet information needs. We will be our communities’ vital partner in discovery.
More about working at Upstate Medical University (http://www.upstate.edu/hr/jobs/10reasons.php)
The University seeks to create a work environment and organizational culture that reflect the society and community in which it is located and a climate for the success of every employee by appreciating the uniqueness that each one brings to the workplace.