The Librarian participates in the full range of unit responsibilities, including research desk service and individual research consultation (with some evening and weekend rotation), information literacy instruction, collection development, and liaison functions to academic departments and programs.
* Provision of research services, with participation in a night and weekend rotation
* Teaching both general and course-specific information literacy sessions
* Participation in the development and maintenance of the Library’s print and on-line guides
* Participation in a robust collection development scheme for the reference collection and other assigned subject areas
* Serve as liaison to a select number of departments and programs
* May be asked to develop an area of specialization, depending on interests, expertise and unit needs
* Contributes to the Library’s efforts to continuously improve service
* M.L.S. from A.L.A. accredited institution; demonstrated knowledge of information resources in all formats
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability and commitment to work effectively and creatively as part of a team.
* Experience in an academic library preferred.
* Familiarity with Springshare’s suite of LibApps a plus.
* Consideration will be given to candidates who have completed an ACRL Immersion program.
This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible administrative salaried position. The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. The benefit package includes but is not limited to: 20 days of vacation each year; 10 paid holidays; medical, dental, and vision insurances; long-term disability coverage; life insurance; and retirement benefits. This position is not all-inclusive, as other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and the names with contact information of at least three (3) professional references to our application service, Interfolio to: https://apply.interfolio.com/48600.
If you have any questions about using Interfolio, please send to email@example.com. EOE