The Community Library of DeWitt and Jamesville is seeking a Technology and Customer Service Assistant for front-line customer service and technology support. This is a user support position, responsible for responding to user needs through interaction with the public and library staff.
• Applicants must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Part-time (25 hours per week)
• Salary commensurate with skills and experience
• Generous benefits package
• Available immediately
• Provides customer service support, including, but not limited to basic circulation transactions, registering patrons for library cards, and providing information to the public on circulation rules, policies, and procedures.
• Performs other circulation assistant functions, including but not limited to: Library opening and closing procedures, checking in and sorting Library materials for shelving, and searching the public catalog and placing holds for patrons.
• Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Technology, provides excellent customer service for patrons by answering routine questions regarding the Library’s computers, software, and digital collections.
• Assists patrons and staff in use of Library technology, including use of equipment for scanning, printing, and copying services.
• Refers patrons to community services that the library does not offer.
• Helps patrons and staff with hardware or software problems encountered in the Library.
• Assists the Assistant Director for Technology with maintaining technology systems in the library and monitoring technology use in the Library.
• Responsible for assuring high patron satisfaction in keeping with departmental and Library policy.
• Attends meetings, in-house training and external workshops relevant to job functions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree or two years of college and at least 1 year experience in a Help Desk/Public Service Desk/User support of operations in a library or Information Services environment
• Demonstrated strong public service orientation
• Tact, courtesy, and patience in dealing with staff and public.
• Good knowledge of operating systems and software application including Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Current Apple OS, Current Android OS, Windows 7, Windows 10, Antivirus programs, Microsoft Office.
• Ability to utilize and adapt to changing technologies.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and work as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions with consistent follow-up.
• Experience with EnvisionWare or similar session control software used in libraries.
• Experience with PrinterOn or similar mobile printing software.
• Expertise with all aspects of the patron use of OverDrive and Hoopla digital collections.
• Knowledge of Library filing and shelving rules.
• Physical condition commensurate with demands of the position.
Physical Activity Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the Librarian Assistant stands, reaches with arms; uses hands, fingers, sight, hearing, and verbal communication; bends, stoops, kneels; lifts and carries materials weighing less than 20 pounds; lifts, moves, and/or manipulates bulky items and/or crates of materials weighing up to 50 pounds; and pushes/pulls/maneuvers a wheeled book cart weighing up to 200 pounds when fully loaded. Job duties may occasionally require standing for extended periods of time.
Send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Erin Cassidy at:email@example.com