CDLC, CLRC, NNYLN, SENYLRC, SCRLC, and WNYLRC are sponsoring a free 3-part webinar series on technology and communications using the new Tech-Talk Database.
Tips and Techniques You Can Use!
Become a TECH HERO and a POWER COMMUNICATOR
Getting to Know the New Tech-Talk Database
1. Shortcuts in Office (Novice & Intermediate) e.g. Little-known shortcuts and formatting tricks.
DATE: Wednesday, September 11, 2 pm EST
2. Excel and PowerPoint (Advance Non-Techie) e.g. Pivot Tables, Infographics.
DATE: Wednesday, October 16, 2 pm EST
3. Communications Skills e.g. Persuasion, Leading, Power Words.
DATE: Wednesday, December 11, 2 pm EST
Session Length: one hour (40 min training. 20 min questions)
- You’ll be able to work more effectively and productively with Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) so that your output appears professional.
- You’ll gain self-confidence which will strengthen your work performance.
- You’ll feel more knowledgeable, capable, and willing to assist colleagues and patrons/students.
Linda Keefe and Deb Davis have published Tech-Talk for over 23 years, reaching librarians of all types and educational support organizations across the nation. Their introduction to the library industry began in 1996 at the Brooklyn Public Library where they created the Technology Advocate program, training 120 staff in 60 branches, reducing the IT Help Desk average response time of tech reps from 17 days to 3 days, within the first three weeks of the six-week training. Deb has a BS in Human Environmental Science, with a minor in Business. Linda has a BS in Education and an MBA in International Marketing.
As technology communicators, they blend essential workplace skills (Office Suite, Internet, and Interpersonal Communications) into articles, videos, and database activities that allow you to be life-long learners, developing innovative ways of working independently and with colleagues.
Attend one, two or three sessions. When you sign-up you’ll receive a pre-webinar survey so that you can choose the specifics you’d like to have covered in the sessions. The webinars will be tailored to your responses. Register here once.
TIP: If you’re not a member of one of the sponsoring ESLN councils, you’ll be given access to the Tech-Talk Database for a limited time to “test drive” it and reinforce what you learn in the webinars. For any questions, contact your regional Council CE Coordinator or Linda@Tech-Talk.com, 941-355-2092.