The Young Adult/New Adult Librarian (YA/NA), under direct supervision of the Library Director, is responsible for the collection and programming of YA/NA, a full time (35 hours per week) position.
Specific duties include the following:
* Directs all YA/NA services of the library
* Selects and maintains the YA/NA print and non-print collection
* Plans, schedules and conducts various YA/NA programs
* Works with school and community groups to promote library services
* Provides reader’s advisory services to people of all ages
* Assists in the daily operation and scheduling of general library programs as required
* Keeps abreast of developments in library service to YA/NA through ongoing reading, workshops, meetings and conferences
* Maintains knowledge of current library trends in technology and electronic resources
* Creates and maintains the YA/NA areas so they are pleasant and inviting
* Advises library director on possible grant opportunities, assists with grant applications for YA/NA programs and materials
* Develops monthly reports regarding YA/NS services for the Board of Trustees
* Works with all staff members to provide excellent library services to the community
About the Library:
Dunham Public Library (DPL) has provided services to the Whitesboro Central School District area since October 28, 1926. We serve a population of 26,133. Our location is at 76 Main Street, Whitesboro, NY. Our hours are posted on our website at www.whitesborolibrary.org. We are a member of the 3-county Mid-York Library System and our library cards are welcomed at 42 libraries in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties.
DPL has a circulation of over 136,000 items, per year over 10,000 are electronic. The YA fiction collection is a separate YA area. Non-fiction titles are filed with the adult collection. The collection has been recently weeded, updated, inventoried, and tagged for RFID circulation. It is a collection with heavy usage per volume and includes a YA graphic novel collection.
About Whitesboro, NY:
The Village of Whitesboro is located within the Town of Whitestown. Whitestown is centrally located within Oneida County near the City of Utica. There are endless entertainment and cultural events and venues. The region is rich in history and character. From its wonderful museums to its state of the art casino our region has it all. Annual events such as the Boilermaker Road Race have put this area on the map. It is located between the cities of Syracuse and Albany, south of the Adirondack Park and minute from the Erie Canal.
Must have ALA Accredited master’s degree. Must be eligible for NYS Public Librarian’s certificate, which must be issued prior to date of hire as a professional librarian. New graduates welcome to apply.
Schedule & Benefits:
Some nights and weekends are required; occasional travel for meetings and outreach events.
$35,000 annual salary plus strong benefits including NYS Retirement (mandatory for FT employees)
Submit cover letter and resume to Library Director, April Bliss at email@example.com by April 26 at noon.
This is an Oneida County Civil Service Librarian 1 position. The successful candidate will have to be approved by Oneida County Civil Service. Please apply by submitting your application for Librarian 1 directly to Oneida County Civil Service, 800 Park Avenue, Utica, New York 13501
Oneida County Job specifications linked below:
Oneida County job application linked below: