COVID-19 Resources & Updates
CLRC is committed to supporting its member libraries and library staff during this difficult time. Due to concerns about the spread of the coronavirus, the Central New York Library Resouces Council has canceled all in-person professional development events and meetings through May 20, 2020 and hope to reschedule at a later date. As the situation evolves we will make determinations concerning the status of meetings and events beyond these dates, while following recommendations issued by state and federal authorities. CLRC will be workiing remotely until further notice at which point we will reassess our situation. All staff are reachable via email and phone as usual. We do not expect any disruption to CLRC services.
To encourage staying connected with each other during this time, we invite you to join us online second Tuesdays at Ten!
Staying connected is important during this unprecedented time. CLRC is looking to stay engaged with our members by offering the library community an opportunity to chat, discuss, and check-in with colleagues around the region. Please join us for our monthly online Zoom meeting every second Tuesday. Call in to say hi, ask questions, provide updates, and talk to your fellow library people!
Second Tuesday at Ten – Next Meeting December 8 at 10 a.m.
Join URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87256143578
For those joining by phone: 1-646-876-9923
Meeting ID: 872 5614 3578
Government & Library Association Guidelines
Governor Cuomo has now stated that 100% of the workforce must stay home, excluding essential services, and all non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason are temporarily banned. You can find updates and more information here.
The New York State Library Association recommends public libraries in New York State suspend public operations based on guidance issued from the Governor’s office.
We also recommend following CDC recommendations to avoid spreading germs, including:
- washing your hands often with soaf and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available,
- avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands,
- avoiding close contact with people who are sick,
- staying home when you are sick, and
- covering tour cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Free Webinars & Continuing Education
- Video archive available for no fee effective immediately
- FREE access to papers about COVID-19 on EBSCO
- Updated scholarly research on COVID-10 on LitCOVID (cureated by NLM)
- Ask the Lawyer RAQ – Emergency Response to COVID-19
- Ask the Lawyer RAQ – Website Disclaimers for Information
- World Health Organization Global Research on Novel Coronavirus for Medical Professionals
- Ancestry.com will be accessible from hom efor OCPL patrons with valid library cards
- Schools buses & bookmobiles around the country are being used as mobile hotspots
- Upsate Medical University Health Sciences Library Covid-19 Subject Guide
- Guide includes information regarding PPE donations & 3D printer files, you can direct offers to CovidDonations@Upstate.edu
- Information regarding reading books aloud & possibly violating copyright laws
- How to Keep the Party Crashers from Crashing Your Zoom Event
- 10-4: How to Reopen the Economy by Exploiting the Coronvirus’s Weak Spot
- The Risks – Know Them – Avoid Them
- Anoka County Library Curbside Pickup Program
- The Post-Pandemic Future of Libraries
- California Department of Health COVID-19 Retail Industry Guidance
- The last two pages offer guidance to libraries
- Yale Environmental Health & Safety COVID-19 Computer Cleaning Guidelines
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Reopening: Guidance for Libraries
Tuesdays at Ten Recordings
March 24, 2020
March 31, 2020
April 7, 2020
April 14, 2020
April 21, 2020
April 28, 2020
May 5, 2020
May 12, 2020
May 19, 2020
May 26, 2020
June 2, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 16, 2020
June 23, 2020
June 30, 2020
July 21, 2020
July 28, 2020
August 4, 2020
August 12, 2020
August 18, 2020
August 25, 2020
September 1, 2020
September 8, 2020
September 15, 2020
September 22, 2020
October 6, 2020
October 13, 2020
November 10, 2020
Have more resources or continuing education opportunities you think should be added to our website? Email Rebecca Kluberdanz at email@example.com.