CLRC strives to support an open exchange of ideas within a safe and respectful environment. We value your attendance at CLRC conferences, meetings, and events, and are dedicated to providing a positive event experience for all participants and members. We want all CLRC events to be welcoming, supportive, and comfortable for all members of the library community.
Treat CLRC staff, event attendees, and speakers with respect.
Participation in discussions and activities should be respectful at all times. All are expected to exercise tolerance of the perspectives and opinions of all present and use discretion with photographs, recordings, and sharing. Be aware of your presence, and be thoughtful in sharing, listening, and knowing when to do which.
We do not tolerate harassment in any form. If a participant engages in disruptive or harassing behavior, CLRC may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event. Event organizers will assist participants in contacting building/venue security or local law enforcement or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. If you are being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a CLRC staff person immediately.
This is a working document. We welcome ideas, suggestions and proposed revisions based on your needs and experiences. Please contact Rebecca Kluberdanz Honsinger to get involved.
This policy is adapted from the policies of:
This policy is licensed under the Creative Commons Zero license. It is public domain, no credit, and no open licensing of your version is required.
Registration for all CLRC workshops and events is now available online through the CLRC website.
Each person registering for a workshop or event must complete a separate registration through the CLRC website.
Confirmation may be requested by email but will not be sent automatically.
Registration and payment will be accepted up to the day of the event unless otherwise stated.
Payment, if applicable, must be received by CLRC on or before the registration deadline in order to receive materials.
Registrations are not complete until CLRC has received payment, a purchase order number, or notification of pending payment.
CLRC will not make registration packets for attendees who have not made payment.
CLRC will invoice for any registrations made for which payment is not received if the registrant does not cancel. This policy will be strictly enforced.
CLRC will grant any displaced professionals, retirees, or graduating students of member institutions a 30 day grace period, during which they may continue to access CLRC services and events at membership rates. After this period ends, individuals must pay non-member rates, or join CLRC as a Personal Member to continue to receive membership benefits
It is the policy of the Council to cancel training if fewer than three (3) people are registered. If a workshop is cancelled, participants will be contacted at least two (2) business days prior to the workshop.
Refunds of registration fees are made ONLY when requested three (3) business days or more prior to the workshop or event.
Participants who register and make payment and who do not attend the workshop or event on the day will not receive a refund; workshop or event materials will be mailed after the event.
CLRC will invoice for any registrations made for which payment is not received if the registrant does not cancel within the above listed guidelines.
If a workshop or event must be cancelled owing to bad weather, our website will be updated with the message and an email will be sent to all registered attendees.
Due to the high cost of gas and in an effort to extend continuing education opportunities to members outside Onondaga County, where CLRC offices are located, CLRC has instituted the following policy.
- Mid York Library System (MYLS) staff drivers will be reimbursed for carpooling with 2 or more people in the car to CLRC event sites greater than 25 miles from the MYLS office at 1600 Lincoln Ave., Utica, NY. (This is a bit less than the half-way point between the Syracuse and Utica offices). Reimbursement mileage can include pickups, if drivers do not pool at the MYLS office. This reimbursement will be paid directly to the Mid-York Library System office after expenses are submitted to CLRC. Mileage will be paid at the prevailing federal rate, currently .545 cents/mile.
- Any Herkimer, Madison or Oneida County, non-MYLS staff driver can be reimbursed for carpooling with 3 people or more in the car (including the driver) to events in locations more than 25 miles from the starting point of the driver. The reimbursement will be submitted to CLRC and the driver will be reimbursed at the prevailing federal rate.
- Onondaga County drivers will be encouraged to carpool with CLRC staff if the event explicitly states that this option is available from the CLRC offices at 5710 Commons Park (East Syracuse) to events outside Onondaga County. If carpooling needs exceed the number of CLRC drivers, Onondaga County drivers may be reimbursed at the prevailing federal rate if the event is held more than 25 miles from CLRC offices. Mileage will be calculated from the CLRC offices to the event location.
- If the above criteria is met, CLRC will also cover the cost of tolls on the New York State Thruway. Drivers must submit toll details along with expenses.
- Parking costs will not be covered by CLRC.
- Other carpooling arrangements may be made as needed at CLRC’s discretion.
- CLRC is not liable for non-CLRC staff drivers. The mileage reimbursement is offered as a courtesy to our members, extended to encourage greater participation in CLRC events, and may be withdrawn at any time.
- This policy applies only to events that explicitly state a carpooling option. Committee meetings and board meetings are excluded from the carpool policy.
Please fill out a Carpooling Reimbursement Form with the details of your trip after attending the event. If you do not meet the above requirements we will not be able to honor the reimbursement so please read them carefully prior to submitting the form. Please email us with any questions!