Become a Member
Libraries, library systems, institutions with library or archival holdings but without access to system services, and individuals wanting to take advantage of the programs and services of the Central New York Library Resources Council can become members of CLRC. CLRC membership is open to all types of libraries and individuals in the four-county service area which includes Herkimer, Madison, Oneida and Onondaga Counties.
This membership level is for libraries that meet the following criteria:
- Employ an appropriate information specialist responsible for supervising library collections and services
- Have minimum holdings of 2,000 bibliographically-controlled titles
- Agree to share library resources through ILL in accordance with Council policies and procedures
- Spend at least $5,000 annually on library materials.
Full members qualify for discounted rates on bibliographic services.
$715 : Operating Budget over $150,000 per year
$440 : Operating Budget under $150,000 per year
This category is for organizations such as:
- Institutions not qualifying for full membership
- Friends’ Organizations
- Historical Societies and Museums
- Newly-created libraries still developing collection and service structure
Affiliate members qualify for all member services, including grants and awards.
This membership is appropriate for organizations such as historical records repositories and historical associations that do not have library collections, but wish to become part of the New York Heritage statewide digital collection.
Heritage membership is open only to non-library organizations and provides access to the tools used for NY Heritage, as well as training in the use of those tools. Heritage members do not have access to any other CLRC programs and services.
This is an annual membership designed for individuals who are not affiliated with any library.
Individuals who have an interest in the mission of the Council may join at the Personal level. Personal membership is available to individuals only and provides access to Council programs and services at member rates. This category of membership is appropriate for retirees, students, and librarians who are not currently employed.
Individual memberships are limited to residents of New York State.