Nine new mini webinars for Library Trustees are now available on the New York State Library’s website at: http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/trustees/webinars.htm.
The curriculum includes modules to help ensure that all library trustees in New York State have the skills they need to govern their libraries. Available mini-webinars include:
* Libraries in NY: Origin, Oversight & Organization
* Open Meetings Law: Transparent and Accountable Governance
* Role of the Board President
* The Public Library Treasurer: Their Role and Legal Responsibilities
* Board Evaluation: A Key to Your Library’s Success
* Director Evaluation: A Key to Your Library’s Success
* Hiring Your Library CEO: The Future of Your Library Depends on It
* Strategic Planning Part One: Creating a Path for the Future
* Strategic Planning Part Two: Creating a Path for the Future
Expert presenters include Rebekkah Smith Aldrich, Mid-Hudson Library System and Jerry Nichols, Palmer School of Library and Information Science, co-editors of the Handbook for Library Trustees in New York State; Grace Riario, Ramapo Catskill Library System, and Ron Kirsop, Pioneer Library System.
Contact Rebekkah Smith Aldrich, Team HATS Mentor, at email@example.com, or call 845-471-6060, ext. 239 with any questions about the webinars.
The Helping All Trustees Succeed (HATS) mini-webinars are a product of the collaborative efforts of the library community in New York State. The Public Library Systems Directors Organization (PULISDO), the Library Trustees Association of New York State (LTA), the New York Library Association (NYLA), the New York State Library, trustees, and library directors from around New York State helped Team HATS to shape the curriculum, content and delivery of the HATS Mini-Webinar Series.