CLRC offers its member constituents (including members of our five participating library systems and individual members) access to the entire lynda.com training library at no charge.
For more information on how to request an access code, please click here
Do all students have equal access to the learning resources and opportunities in your classroom? Learn to provide accommodations to make learning accessible to students with disabilities and meet Section 508 compliance for digital learning. In this course, Oliver Schinkten explores how to modify your classroom and online instruction to accommodate students with special needs. Find out about the different types of disabilities and challenges students may face, and learn how to use assistive technologies such as screen readers and closed captioning, incorporate visual and auditory cues into teaching, and encourage students to seek the learning supports that will help them succeed.
- What is accessible learning?
- Accommodating different needs, from vision impairments to lack of digital access
- Adapting presentations, responses, and timing
- Using an LMS to make learning more accessible
- Adding alt text to images
- Adding closed captioning to videos