Know someone deserving of this NYLA Advocacy recognition?
To recognize and honor an individual who, or a group that, has made a far reaching, sustained contribution to the promotion and/or support of library and information services to the people of New York State or residents within a designated service area within the State. Recognition may include lifetime NYLA membership, citation, and gift.
An individual who is not an employee or trustee of a library or information service or a group without a primary library affiliation that has worked to improve attitudes or support for library and information services.
Awards may be considered for significant contributions in at least one of the following:
* Promotion of library services through any means of dissemination and information.
* Promotion of creative uses of technology in the delivery of library and information services.
* Promotion or development of a sustained legislative approach to improving the ability of libraries to provide for expanded user services.
* Promotion or development of a program resulting in sustained increase in voluntary support for library and information activities.
* Significant influence on attitudes of public or private officials who are in a position to support the improvement of library and information services.
* Creation of original work, regardless of the medium used, which substantially contributes to the improvement of attitudes toward or perceptions of library and information services.